Based on the current public health recommendations, some NAMI Central Texas programs have been suspended or will be offered online.
For the most up-to-date information and resources, please visit namicentraltx.org/coronavirus.
NAMI Connection Recovery Support Group
free, support group for any adult who has experienced symptoms of a mental health condition.
By sharing your experiences in a safe and confidential setting, you can gain hope and feel a sense of connection. The group encourages empathy, productive discussion and a sense of community. You'll benefit from other's experiences, discover your inner strength and empower yourself by sharing your own experiences in a non-judgmental space. NAMI Connection Recovery Support Group will help you:
- Aim for better-coping skills
- Find strength in sharing experiences
- Not judge anyone's pain
- Forgive ourselves and reject guilt
- Embrace humor as healthy
- Accept that we cannot solve every problem
- Understand that mental health conditions are no one's fault and can be traumatic experiences
Registration is required; attend any group at any time.
“This course has literally been a life saver. It has opened my eyes to better understanding my illness and methods of recovery I did not know about before.”
free, 8-session educational program for adults with mental health conditions
NAMI Peer-to-Peer is a free, eight-session educational program for adults with mental health conditions who are looking to better understand themselves and their recovery. Taught by trained leaders with lived experience, this program includes activities, discussions, and informative videos.
NAMI Peer-to-Peer helps you:
- Set a vision and goals for the future
- Partner with health care providers
- Develop confidence for making decisions
- Practice relaxation and stress reduction tools
- Strengthen relationships
- Enhance communication skills
- Learn about mental health treatment options