Save the Date for the 17th Annual NAMIWalks Your Way Central Texas!
What is NAMIWalks Your Way?
NAMIWalks Your Way is an in-person event and/or a virtual experience, united with NAMIWalks across the country. NAMIWalks Your Way means putting one foot in front of the other, either physically or virtually. Participants get to use their creativity, with the main rule that we continue to advance towards our goal by leaps and bounds.
Creativity Rules: What participants are doing on event day
Many participants will meet at Palmer Events Center
- Inspiring mental health program
- 5k walk through beautiful downtown Austin
- NAMIWalks Festival, featuring live music or performances, games for kids, mental health resources
For those who can't or don't want to join the big event, the options are limitless!
- Walk 7,000+ steps for a 5K their way
- Plan a craft day with their kids
- Hold a virtual bake-off with their team
- Practice self-care with a favorite hobby: yoga, gardening, knitting
- Do a 5K on the treadmill or stationary bike
- Create a safe and socially distanced stroll in their neighborhood
Take photos and videos and share your activity on your favorite social media with the link to your walk fundraising page and the hashtags #NAMIWalksCTX and #NotAlone.
Together we can make a difference for people affected by mental illness.