Based on the current public health recommendations on how to minimize the risk for volunteers and participants, support groups are being offered online. See below for dates and to register. For additional online support group options, please visit our coronavirus page under resources.
For the most up-to-date information and resources, please visit namicentraltx.org/coronavirus.
What to Expect
- Meets for 90-minutes.
- Confidential setting where you can share as much or as little personal information as you want.
- Designed for individuals (18 and over) living with mental health conditions. If you are a family member of a loved one living with a mental health condition, please see our family programming.
- Facilitated by a trained team of individuals living with mental health conditions.
- Facilitators do not recommend or endorse any medications or other medical therapies.
- Facilitation is guided by NAMI's Principles of Support.
- Not an appropriate setting for children.
Registration is required and will close at 4:30 p.m. the day before each session. Click on a session below to see details and registration link.
Principles of Support
- We will see the individual first, not the illness.
- We recognize that mental illnesses are medical illnesses that may have environmental triggers.
- We understand that mental illnesses are traumatic events.
- We aim for better coping skills.
- We find strength in sharing experiences.
- We reject stigma and do not tolerate discrimination.
- We won’t judge anyone’s pain as less than our own.
- We forgive ourselves and reject guilt.
- We embrace humor as healthy.
- We accept we cannot solve all problems.
- We expect a better future in a realistic way.
- We will never give up hope.