Think of yourself as a battery - you need time to recharge. Be gentle with yourself; remember you deserve help and support.
1. Have you bathed today?
- If it’s been over 24 hours, try a quick shower or
2. Have you eaten anything healthy in the
past few hours?
- You might try a snack such as nuts or dried
3. Have you had any water to drink in the
- Hydration is important, start sipping!
4. Did you get enough sleep?
- This is key for mental health; take a nap or go
to bed early.
5. Have you gone outside in the past 24
- Try getting some fresh air in a way that works
6. Is it daytime? If so, are you dressed?
- Choose a favorite shirt, special accessory, or a
7. Is it nighttime? Can’t sleep?
- Put on pajamas, get cozy, put all electronics
- Lie down with your eyes closed for 15 minutes.
- Try some white noise, calming sounds, or a
8. Do you feel unproductive?
- Think of a small task (making the bed, brushing
your teeth, etc.)
- Set a timer for 5 or 10 minutes to do the task.
- Give yourself permission to stop after the timer
9. Have your medications changed recently?
- Medication changes or missed doses can throw
you for a loop.
- If things don’t improve, give your doctor a call.
10. Have you connected with others today?
Do they know how you’re feeling?
- Give a compliment, call or text a loved one, ask
for a hug.
- If you have a counselor, reach out to them for
- It’s important that you let other people know
how you’re feeling.
- If you can’t share with others right now, try
writing as an outlet.
If you are in crisis, seek help from a professional or someone you trust.
- Suicide Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255
- Crisis Texas Line: text “NAMI” to 741741
- Integral Care: 512-472-4357
- Bluebonnet Trails: 1-800-841-1255