During Mental Health Month in May join a nationwide effort to increase awareness and encourage mental health conversations in Central Texas.
What is a Depressed Cake Shop?
Depressed Cake Shops are bakeries that participate in creating fun and delicious baked goods to engage people in positive mental health conversations. In 2018, fourteen Austin area bakeries created one (or more) baked goods featuring some element of gray, to represent mental health struggles, and a splash of bright color to reflect hope and healing. The community loved the experience, and bloggers and media found their work worthy of attention. We are continuing to grow the event and bring more attention to this important cause.
Getting involved is simple:
- Complete the Depressed Cake Shop interest form and submit by Monday, April 5.
- Design one (or more) Depressed Cake Shop items to sell along with your regular offerings during the month of May.
- Baked goods should utilize a combination of gray and bright colors. See below for examples from past participants.
- Display NAMI Central Texas’ materials so your patrons can learn how to talk about mental health and get help if they need it. All materials will be provided.
- Share on social media using: #DepressedCakeShopCTX.
Your business will be included in our PR and social media activities. Create additional buzz by offering a portion of the sales of Depressed Cake Shop items to support NAMI Central Texas’ work in the community.
Contact Christina at [email protected].