What to Expect
- Meets once per month at each location for 90-minutes.
- Confidential setting where you can share as much or as little personal information as you want.
- Designed for family members, partners and parents of loved ones living with mental health conditions. If you are an adult living with a mental health condition, please see our support groups.
- Facilitated by a trained team of family members.
- Facilitators do not recommend or endorse any medications or other medical therapies for your family member.
- Facilitation is guided by NAMI's Principles of Support.
- Not an appropriate setting for children, and childcare is not available at these locations.
There is no registration required to attend a support group. Click on one below to see details including a map and directions.
Principles of Support
- We will see the individual first, not the illness.
- We recognize that mental illnesses are medical illnesses that may have environmental triggers.
- We understand that mental illnesses are traumatic events.
- We aim for better coping skills.
- We find strength in sharing experiences.
- We reject stigma and do not tolerate discrimination.
- We won’t judge anyone’s pain as less than our own.
- We forgive ourselves and reject guilt.
- We embrace humor as healthy.
- We accept we cannot solve all problems.
- We expect a better future in a realistic way.
- We will never give up hope.
Upcoming Events › Support Groups
For adult children of parents living with a mental health condition. No registration required, please arrive on time.Find out more »
For family members, parents, adult children, and partners of individuals living with a mental health condition. No registration required, please arrive on time.Find out more »