Based on the current public health recommendations on how to minimize the risk for volunteers and participants, all support groups are suspended until further notice. For online support group options, please visit our coronavirus page under resources.
For the most up-to-date information and resources, please visit namicentraltx.org/coronavirus.
What to Expect
- Meets once per month at each location for 90-minutes.
- Confidential setting where you can share as much or as little personal information as you want.
- Designed for family members, partners and parents of loved ones living with mental health conditions. If you are an adult living with a mental health condition, please see our support groups.
- Facilitated by a trained team of family members.
- Facilitators do not recommend or endorse any medications or other medical therapies for your family member.
- Facilitation is guided by NAMI's Principles of Support.
- Not an appropriate setting for children, and childcare is not available at these locations.
There is no registration required to attend a support group. Click on one below to see details including a map and directions.
Principles of Support
- We will see the individual first, not the illness.
- We recognize that mental illnesses are medical illnesses that may have environmental triggers.
- We understand that mental illnesses are traumatic events.
- We aim for better coping skills.
- We find strength in sharing experiences.
- We reject stigma and do not tolerate discrimination.
- We won’t judge anyone’s pain as less than our own.
- We forgive ourselves and reject guilt.
- We embrace humor as healthy.
- We accept we cannot solve all problems.
- We expect a better future in a realistic way.
- We will never give up hope.