Like nearly everyone in the community, we at NAMI Central Texas are monitoring the coronavirus situation closely. Based on the current public health recommendations, we plan to minimize the risk for volunteers and participants while continuing to provide mental health education, support, and resources as best we can. Please check this page often for additional resources and programming updates.
- Families Together, a 3-week online class covering mental health topics for anyone with a loved one living with a mental health condition is now available.
- Stories and Strategies, a 4 session online workshop is now available for anyone who lives with a mental health condition.
- NAMI Basics and NAMI Basics On Demand are currently offered online. Parents and caregivers can register here for either the group or self-paced class.
- All in-person classes are postponed until further notice.
- Our support groups are available online. Registration is required and space is limited.
- Other online alternatives are included in our resource list below.
- All in-person support groups are suspended until further notice.
- Mind Matters, our free mental health education series, will be offered through online webinars. You can find the webinar topics, dates and registration here. Most webinars will be recorded and are available for viewing on our YouTube channel.
- Visit us on social media for additional mental health resources, tips, and inspiration: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube
- All in-person events are suspended until further notice.
- All staff are working from home to ensure safety. We are available by email and our regular office phone lines.
- Our physical office will be closed until further notice.
In an emergency, call 911 immediately.
NAMI Central Texas namicentraltx.org/crisis
Additional resources can be found on our crisis page including 911 checklists and crisis planning guides
COVID-19 Mental Health Support Line
COVID-19-related mental health support for all Texan, available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week toll-free
NAMI Central Texas Support Groups
- NAMI Connection: For adults living with mental health conditions
- Family Support Group: For family members, partners and parents of someone living with a mental health condition
Samaritan Center Groups
Call 512-451-7337, option 8 or email [email protected]
Click on the groups above to view more information.
SEEK Institute Groups
Parenting During Uncertain Times (pdf)
Group for parents (English)
- Thursday, December 10, 6:30-8 pm
- Thursday, January 21, 6:30-8 pm
Visit https://forms.gle/nfU1nhZK2UKnyNXUA to register.
Crianza de los hijos durante tiempos inciertos (pdf)
Group for parents (Spanish)
- Jueves 10 de diciembre | 6: 30-8 pm
- Jueves 21 de enero | 6: 30-8 pm
NAMI Texas supportgroupscentral.com
NAMI Family Support Group and NAMI Connection Support Group offered by NAMI Texas
Rock Springs rockspringshealth.com
Free Virtual Support Groups for Coping with the COVID Crisis, for Substance Use, and for healthcare providers
Eating Recovery Center/Insight Behavioral Health
Eating Recovery Center/Insight Behavioral Health has expanded virtual support groups to be open to community members and ERC alumni
- Virtual Lunch Bunch Support Group - Every Tuesday | 12 p.m. CST | Email [email protected]
- Virtual College Student/Early Adult Support Group - Every Thursday | 1 p.m. CST | Email [email protected]
- Virtual Anxiety and Depression Support Group - Every Wednesday | 8 p.m. ET | Email [email protected]
Support Groups Central supportgroupscentral.com
Group Video Meetings Led by Trained Facilitators
A social support network with more than 220 condition-specific groups
Recovery International recoveryinternational.org
Confidential, moderated peer-support meetings
Mental Health America mhanational.org
Specialized support group resources and tips for finding the right group for you
Therapy Austin therapyaustin.com
Online support groups led by licensed professional counselors; groups for healthcare workers and first responders are free
Communities For Recovery communitiesforrecovery.org
35 weekly support meetings, resource navigation, peer recovery coaching, wellness resources, and more
Texas Psychological Association www.texaspsyc.org
Up to two hours of free mental health services for qualifying Texans. Email [email protected] for more information
For Like Minds forlikeminds.com
Connect with others who are living with or supporting someone who lives with mental illness, substance use, or a stressful life event
Talking to Kids About the Coronavirus childmind.org
Tips from the Child Mind Institute on talking to kids about coronavirus in a reassuring way
Making the Most of COVID-19 School Closures nesca-newton.com
Tips on creating normalcy and routine for students at home due to school closures
STARRY Counseling www.starry.org
Now offering no-cost counseling and family support services via phone or online platforms
Wonders & Worries wondersandworries.org
Free resources for parents and children available for download
AISD Telehealth Options austinisd.org
Information on accessing telehealth, including mental health, services for students
Resource list for families, available in English and Spanish
NAMI Central Texas has compiled these resources to serve only as general information. We do not guarantee that any service on this page is current or up-to-date. This list does not indicate an endorsement of any kind, and it does not represent all available community resources. Moreover, inclusion on this list does not indicate any type of relationship of any kind between NAMI Central Texas and the service provider. Please contact the service provider directly to learn more about available services.