Like nearly everyone in the community, we at NAMI Central Texas are monitoring the coronavirus situation closely. Based on the current public health recommendations, we plan to minimize the risk for volunteers and participants while continuing to provide mental health education, support, and resources as best we can. Please check this page often for additional resources and programming updates.
Updated March 24, 2020
- Our program staff is currently exploring the feasibility of offering our 8-week long classes online for family members and individuals.
- In the interim, we will be providing online programming featuring topics from our classes soon. Check this page regularly for updates.
- NAMI Basics On Demand is currently offered online. Parents and caregivers can register here for this self-paced class.
- All in-person classes are postponed until further notice.
- Our program staff is finalizing plans to make peer and family support groups available by the end of March.
- Other online alternatives are included in our resource list below.
- All in-person support groups are suspended until further notice.
- Mind Matters, our free mental health education series, will be offered through an online webinar beginning March 26.
- In-person events through April 30 are canceled or will be offered online. We will be assessing all events scheduled after April 30 on a case-by-case basis.
- Visit us on social media for additional mental health resources, tips, and inspiration: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram.
- All staff are working from home to ensure safety. We are available by email and our regular office phone lines.
- Our physical office will be closed until further notice.
In an emergency, call 911 immediately.
NAMI Central Texas namicentraltx.org/crisis
Additional resources can be found on our crisis page including 911 checklists and crisis planning guides
Support Groups Central supportgroupscentral.com
Group Video Meetings Led by Trained Facilitators
A social support network with more than 220 condition-specific groups
Recovery International recoveryinternational.org
Confidential, moderated peer-support meetings
Mental Health America mhanational.org
Specialized support group resources and tips for finding the right group for you
For Like Minds forlikeminds.com
Connect with others who are living with or supporting someone who lives with mental illness, substance use, or a stressful life event
Eating Recovery Center/Insight Behavioral Health
Eating Recovery Center/Insight Behavioral Health has expanded virtual support groups to be open to community members and ERC alumni
Talking to Kids About the Coronavirus childmind.org
Tips from the Child Mind Institute on talking to kids about coronavirus in a reassuring way
Making the Most of COVID-19 School Closures nesca-newton.com
Tips on creating normalcy and routine for students at home due to school closures
AISD Telehealth Options austinisd.org
Information on accessing telehealth, including mental health, services for students
NAMI Central Texas has compiled these resources to serve only as general information. We do not guarantee that any service on this page is current or up-to-date. This list does not indicate an endorsement of any kind, and it does not represent all available community resources. Moreover, inclusion on this list does not indicate any type of relationship of any kind between NAMI Central Texas and the service provider. Please contact the service provider directly to learn more about available services.